Media coverage of SysSec
- May 2014: Our SysSec paper was featured in the popular tech-news aggregator The Register.
- November 2013: BG Computerworld about: International Conference “Smart Defence, Cybersecurity and Open Doors Policy: The New Euro-Atlantic Security Synergies”, PanEuropa - Bulgaria with NATO Public Diplomacy Division support, European Commission Residence. Discussion online (in Bulgarian).
- September 2013: The Swedish radio featured an interview with Erland Jonsson (Chalmers) who commented on the leaks about NSA. You can listen to the interview or read the transcript (in Swedish).
- January 2013: featured an article authored by Magnus Almgren, Davide Balzarotti, Marina Papatriantafilou and Valentin Tudor with title "Cybersecurity in the Smart Grid". You can download a pdf copy (8.0 MB) or read the article .
- January 2013: E&T Online, the e-zine of the Greek General Secretariat for Research and Technology, covered FORTH's IWSEC success in its January issue. The coverage makes explicit mention to the SysSec developed MDScan tool that was used. You can download a pdf copy (2.2 MB) or read the article online (in Greek).
- December 2012: Local news portal CretaLive.gr reported on FORTH's IWSEC success. The article is titled "Πρωτιά του Ινστιτούτου Πληροφορικής του ΙΤΕ σε διεθνή διαγωνισμό" (First place for FORTH/ICS in international competition).
- December 2012: Darlene Storm blogged on Computerworld about the SysSec paper discussing Facebook's Social Authentication. The post includes commentary by Stefano Zanero (co-author of the paper) on the overall impact that this research has on the Social Authentication area.
- November 2012: NRC Handelsblad featured an opinion article titled "Het Virusdilemma", authored by Herbert Bos, Maarten van Steen, Dennis Andriesse and Christian Rossow. The author commented on the Dutch minister's proposal to fight cybercrime by "hacking back". The full text of the article is available here (in Dutch): het-virusdilemma.pdf (124.6 KB)
- October 2012: Darkreading.com featured an article titled "Hunting Botnets On A Bigger Scale" which discussed the botnet detection tool outlined in the SysSec Disclosure research paper. The article includes comments from William Robertson (co-author of Disclosure) and Manos Antonakakis (Damballa).
- August 2012: Sotiris Ioannidis was interviewed by InfoSecurity Magazine to contribute in their article titled "Security’s Alleged Disappearing Act".
- July 2012: featured an article authored by Evangelos Markatos and Herbert Bos with title "SysSec: Managing Threats and Vulnerabilities in the Future Internet". You can download a pdf copy (6.7 MB) or read the article .
- June 2012: featured an about "(A)Social Networks" and SysSec activities concerning ICT threats identification (in Bulgarian).
- December 2011: Tomas Olovsson participated in a broadcast. He discussed security in systems containing sensitive information, how and if data can be protected and how authentication should be implemented.
- December 2011: featured an about "A Bulgarian viewpoint of cyber defence" and SysSec activities concerning social networks and threats analysis (in Bulgarian).
- July 2011: A summary of the was included in the of the .
- June 5 2011: Magnus Almgren gave a seminar during the . The seminar was titled "Datorer finns överallt – men kan man lita på dem?" (Computers are everywhere - but can you trust them?) and was also broadcasted by the . The full seminar is (in Swedish).
- May 8 2011: A SysSec sponsored paper on the was featured in the popular tech-news aggregators and . The discussion among the Slashdot readers exceeded the 100 posts.
- January 27 2011: features an interview with Sotiris Ioannidis on . In the interview it is made mention of SysSec's precursor project, .