The fifth European Workshop on Systems Security (EuroSec) aims to bring together researchers, practitioners, system administrators, system programmers, and others interested in the latest advances in the security of computer systems and networks. The objective of the workshop is to discuss novel, practical, systems-oriented work. EuroSec 2012 is associated with the Annualconference and will take place in Bern (Switzerland) on April 10, 2012.
Topics of Interest
EuroSec seeks contributions on all aspects of systems security. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- New attacks, evasion techniques, and defenses.
- Operating system security.
- Mobile systems security.
- Malicious code analysis and detection.
- Web security.
- Identity management and anonymity.
- Hardware and physical security.
- Virtual machines and hypervisors.
- Measuring security.
- Trusted computing and its applications.
- Systems-based forensics.
- Systems work on fighting spam/phishing.
In accordance with the spirit of the EuroSys conference, we also seek:
- Quantified or insightful experience with existing systems.
- Reproduction or refutation of previous results.
- Negative results.
- Early ideas.
Call for submissions
You are hereby invited to submit papers of up to 6 pages, with 10-point font, in a two-column format (including figures, tables and references). The format of submitted papers should correspond to our. Instructions on how to use the LaTeX style can be found .
UPDATE: "Blinding" your submitted paper is not mandatory.
EuroSec explicitly encourages members of the systems community to explore leading-edge topics and ideas before they are presented at a major conference. All submissions will be reviewed by the. Only original, novel work will be considered for publication. Accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings of EuroSec in the ACM Digital Library.
- Paper submission: January 27, 2012 (Extended)
- Acceptance notification: February 20, 2012
- Final paper due: March 10, 2012 (Extended)
- Workshop: April 10, 2012
The workshop will precede the mainconference.
The workshop is co-chaired by Thorsten Holz (Ruhr-University Bochum) and Sotiris Ioannidis (FORTH). See our related page for the full program committee.more »